From: James Wall <wallservices@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel modules not autoloading with 2.6.38-gentoo-r1
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 11:56:37
1 On Apr 11, 2011 3:42 AM, "du yang" <duyang.seu@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Monday 04/11/11 12:57:34 CST, James Wall wrote:
4 > > Hi all,
5 > > Has anyone run into an issue where the kernel is not detecting devices?
6 The
7 > > issue does not show up in 2.6.37 on amd64 testing branch. I just got
8 done
9 > > re-emerging world to rule out any hidden surprises. Any ideas?
10 > > TIA,
11 > > James Wall
14 > Could it be manually loaded?
15 > you could try using modprobe to manually load it to see if there is any
16 error.
17 >
18 > I have had my nvidia driver couldn't be loaded, finally I found it is
19 kernel version no match.
20 >
21 > --
22 > oooO:::::::::
23 > (..):::::::::
24 > :\.(:::Oooo::
28 >
29 The modules will load if I modprobe them but the video driver which has been
30 built-in does not detect the radeon 9200 card. I copied over the
31 configuration from my working 2.6.37 kernel and ran make oldconfig. Thanks
32 for the suggestion though.
33 James Wall