From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] digikam + systemd
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 18:08:00
1 On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > 130906 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
3 >> On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >>> I just did 'emerge -pv digikam' for 3.3.0
5 >>> & it wants to install 54 pkgs, incl systemd ;
6 >>> 10 pkgs are KDE & include Marble. Is my surprise justified ?
7 >> Yes, I think it is.
8 >> Probably gphoto2 pulls GNOME stuff, which in turn pulls systemd ...
9 >> ... I checked gphoto2, and I don't think is the one pulling systemd.
10 >> I don't see any dependency of digikam as an obvious puller for it.
11 >> Could you mask sys-apps/systemd
12 >> and see what emerge prints when trying to install digikam again?
13 >> It will tell you which dependency chain pulls it.
14 >
15 > It wants k3b , which requires USE="udisks", which pulls in 11 pkgs.
16 > It also wants eudev , a qt update & various CD stuff.
17 > That starts to add up towards the 54 pkgs, which are still needed.
18 > The whole list it demands is
19 > USE="plasma udisks script gudev hwdb keymap modutils".
20 >
21 > I use some KDE apps, but stay away from the desktop,
22 > so perhaps the requirement for "plasma" is what gets it started.
23
24 No, KDE doesn't depend on systemd (AFAIK). And it's funny that it
25 wants eudev AND systemd.
26
27 Regards.
28 --