From: Ian Savoy <ian@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] MX Master mouse on bluetooth
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 17:42:37
1 Hey all,
2
3 I splurged on a new mx master mouse a few weeks ago, and it's been working
4 fine using the unified receiver that is included with the mouse. However,
5 it's not the only bluetooth device i have, and it would be nice not to have
6 two easy-to-lose dongles stuck in my laptop at all times (not to mention
7 2/4 USB ports occupied).
8
9 The problem I have is that I can pair the mouse with my bluetooth adapter
10 just fine (BCM20702A0-19ff-0239), however, I don't get any output when i
11 click and/or wiggle the mouse.
12
13 I've seen in other forums, people getting this mouse to work with bluetooth
14 on ubuntu and fedora. Claims that it works out of the box over bluetooth.
15
16 I'm curious if any gentoo users have been able to successfully use this
17 device over a bluetooth adapter, and if so, what bluetooth adapter you're
18 using, what kernel you're running, what modules are loaded, and if there
19 were any tweaks you had to make after pairing your mouse to get it to work
20 properly.
21
22 -everything- works when i use the unified reciever, even the weird thumb
23 button and horizontal scrolling. Nothing works, other than pairing and
24 connecting/disconnecting, over bluetooth.
25
26 Thanks in advance!
29 Ian Savoy
30 LoTeK Systems