From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey and Firefox clash over rust version.
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 12:47:29
1 On 12/01/2022 10:14, Dale wrote:
2 > I tried to set up dovecut once but failed.  I guess I better get back on
3 > that since I use Seamonkey to do my email with.  I don't like
4 > Thunderbird and sadly may not like much of the other email methods either.
5
6 I've mentioned it before, but DON'T modify the dovecot.conf file. Look
7 down the bottom it references a local config file. Create that and shove
8 all your config in there, then it will survive a dovecot update :-)
9
10 Cheers,
11 Wol
12
13 The below is the contents of my local.conf, which gives me local users
14 in passwd, and virtual users in /etc/dovecot/passwd ...
15
16 # authentication configuration
17 auth_verbose = yes
18 auth_mechanisms = plain
19 passdb {
20 driver = passwd-file
21 args = /etc/dovecot/passwd
22 }
23 userdb {
24 driver = static
25 args = uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/home/vmail/%u
26 }