From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hal mount .iso
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:59:43
1 On Tue, August 25, 2009 19:11, Vasya Volkov wrote:
2 > В Пнд, 24/08/2009 в 12:07 +0200, Ward Poelmans пишет:
3 >
4 >> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 11:26, Daniel Troeder<daniel@×××××××××.com>
5 >> wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 10:03 +0400, Top Point wrote:
8 >>>
9 >>>> Hi.
10 >>>> Can hal mount .iso 9660 by loop device? I can mount .iso manually
11 >>>> but I
12 >>>> want to do it automatically by hal.
13 >>> Do you want to mount it by "right-clicking" it in a graphical
14 >>> environment like GNOME or KDE?
15 >>>
16 >>> If that is what you want, in GNOME you could just drop a shell script
17 >>> in ~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts that does mount "$@". I don't know about
18 >>> KDE,
19 >>> but I'm sure there is something similar.
22 >> try
23 >> http://g-scripts.sourceforge.net/nautilus-scripts/File%20System%20Manag
24 >> ement/Mount_Image
27 > Thanks for all! I've started with cdEMU, but it's very extreme. Does
28 > fuseiso better? Nautilus script very interesting, but not works fine. In my
29 > topic under hal I meant smthing authentic linux wich can mount .iso by
30 > "right-clicking". But then I really thought that Hal can mount .iso.
31 > Sorry for my incompetence. It's randomly.)
32
33 Hal doesn't mount anything as said. If you mean, in file browsers,
34 then that's very specific to the file browser that you use. For example,
35 mc (which is a text based browser) can open isos just like zips, rars
36 and many others, without need for any trick at all.
37
38 There are scripts and tricks around for nautilus (gnome) and konqueror
39 (kde) file browsers. But I don't know them myself.
40
41 cdemu is more like the infamous windows based Daemon Tools, they mount
42 the iso like if it was a regular driver, then you can enter that drive
43 and operate as if it was a phisical cdrom/dvd reader.
44
45 If you don't like the command like, there's a graphical frontend for
46 it, called gcdemu that might suit you better.
50 Jesús Guerrero