From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] changing user id
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:57:45
1 On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:54:16 +0200
2 Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
3
4 > On Friday 21 July 2006 12:02, Arnau Bria wrote:
5
6 > > could someone explain which is the way of changing user id and that
7 > > user doesn't lose its files?
8 >
9 > You can use find to chown all files owned by the user to the new uid.
10 >
11 > Untested example (suppose old uid is 100):
12 >
13 > # usermod -u 120 cyrus
14 > # find / -user 100 -exec chown cyrus \{\} \;
15 [...]
16
17 I was thinking in something like this, but I supposed there should be a
18 "better" way...
19
20 thanks for the reply.
24 Arnau Bria
25 http://blog.emergetux.net
26 La vida es una aplastante derrota tras otra hasta que
27 acabas deseando que se muera Flanders.
28 ~Homer J. Simpson~
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list