From: Ralf <ralf+gentoo@×××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Keep alive within SSH session
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 14:21:13
1 On 07/17/2016 04:02 PM, Mick wrote:
2 > I am not sure of the correct approach to achieve a prolonged remote debugging
3 > session through SSH and avoid the SSH session timing out.
4 >
5 > This is what I try to achieve:
6 >
7 > I login into a router with SSH from my PC. Then I can run certain commands to
8 > start and monitor a debugging session in the router. However, if I leave
9 > alone the SSH session, it will soon time out. The debugging only runs while
10 > the session is live. Exiting the SSH session causes all debug output to be
11 > lost.
12 Take a look at screen or tmux. man screen, man tmux.
13 >
14 > If I continue to run (router) commands on the terminal, while the debugging is
15 > running, the SSH time out is postponed.
16 you may also want to tweak some timeout options in your sshd_config
17 >
18 > What do you suggest I try on an SSH terminal from my PC to keep running
19 > recurring commands after I have connected to the router? I will need to keep
20 > a debugging session going for some hours, in order to collect the data I'm
21 > after.