From: wireless@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Iron penguin on usb?
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 14:03:20
1 On 11/19/14 19:30, David Abbott wrote:
2 > On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 5:15 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> Ok the latest release of livedvd is here:
6 >>
7 >> https://www.gentoo.org/news/20140826-livedvd.xml
8 >>
9 >> So my understanding is you can put this on a usb stick. Run
10 >> gentoo live, download packages, set flags, install packages
11 >> and save them to the USB stick? So it's a portable gentoo
12 >> workstation on a usb stick?
13 >
14 > Use dd to put it on a usb stick.
15 > For persistence I would ask likewhoa;
16 > https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-995118.html
20 > Regards,
21 > David
25 YES. I read that. I think there is something in this article
26 (persistence maybe?) that allows one to emerge and keep
27 the newly installed softwares. I think it's going to have to
28 be some with a deeper understanding of what he is say, to figure
29 out an explicit path forward for me.
32 James