From: Fernando Canizo <conan@××××××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Slightly OT: favorite window manager/desktop environ?
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:43:01
1 El 31/ago/2005 a las 19:28 -0300, Matt me decía:
2 > I've played with a lot of 'em, starting with fvwm, through window
3 > maker, enlightenment 15 & 16, icewm, gnome, xfce, kde, blackbox...
4 > I've been using Fluxbox for quite a while now.
5 >
6 > I want something that is fairly minimal/lightweight, but with a hint
7 > of eye candy and a functional "panel" or taskbar. Fluxbox just
8 > about has this, but, I can't seem to figure out how to get a
9 > gnome-like panel (unless I ran gnome, which would trump the
10 > lighweight requirement).
11
12 Hum... then 'wmi' (http://wmi.modprobe.de/) doesn't apply to you.
13
14 But i have at least to friends that were using fluxbox and said to me
15 that they already find the WM they want, that they're conformant, etc,
16 etc, and now they are using wmi ;)
17
18 I think 'wmi' is the right WM for CLI users.
21 Fernando Canizo - http://www.lugmen.org.ar/~conan/
22 Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom:
23 No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats --
24 approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less.
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list