From: Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help with a regex
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 15:32:54
1 On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Robin Atwood
2 <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3 > Regexs are not my strong point! I am trying to get a list of service scripts
4 > that provide virtual services. Each such script contains a line like:
5 >
6 > provide dns
7 >
8 > i.e. the line starts with one or more spaces, followed by the text "provide",
9 > followed by one or more spaces and a single word. i have come up with:
10 >
11 > grep -e ^\s+provide\s+\w /etc/init.d
12
13 Right now you are saying: match one or more spaces in the begining
14 followed by provide followed by one or more spaces followed by *one*
15 word followed by one space and followed by /etc/init.d
16
17 I think you mean: grep -e ^\s+provide\s+\w+ /etc/init.d
18 >
19 > but, as usual, nothing is matched. What am I doing wrong?
20 >
21 > TIA
22 > -Robin
35 > --