From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ffmpeg and libav
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 03:42:22
1 On 19/05/12 06:30, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 17/05/12 01:29, john wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Hello,
5 >>
6 >> I have changed by use flag for ffmpeg to include theora. When i try
7 >> emerge I get the following
8 >>
9 >> [blocks B ] media-video/ffmpeg ("media-video/ffmpeg" is blocking
10 >> media-video/libav-0.8.2)
11 >>
12 >> * Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
13 >> * installed at the same time on the same system.
14 >
15 > Try to sync your portage tree again. There was a bug in the ebuilds that
16 > would result in blockers.
17 >
18 > Other than that, you should probably remove all references to ffmpeg and
19 > libav from world, and then "emerge -1" either media-video/ffmpeg or
20 > media-video/libav according to which implementation you prefer. If
21 > you're using media-video/mplayer, then you don't have a choice; you need
22 > media-video/ffmpeg. If you're using media-video/mplayer2, then you can
23 > use either one.
24
25 I forgot to mention that you *need* to set virtual/ffmpeg to the same
26 USE flags you have set for media-video/ffmpeg (or media-video/libav, if
27 you decide to use that one instead.)
28
29 That means duplicate USE flags in your package.use:
30
31 virtual/ffmpeg foo bar baz
32 media-video/libav foo bar baz
33 media-video/libav foo bar baz