From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't paste from selection in gtk-3 apps
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 16:47:32
1 On 2015-09-18, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Friday 18 September 2015 14:34:26 Grant Edwards wrote:
3
4 >> I like having separate screens because the window manager I use
5 >> (xfwm4) supports multiple virtual workspaces for each screen (4 per
6 >> screen by default). I find it very useful to be able to flip one
7 >> screen to a different workspace while leaving the others unaffected.
8 >> That allows me, for example, to leave email and web-browser up on one
9 >> screen while switching the other two back and forth between multiple
10 >> tasks/projects. (I am rarely allowed to work uninterrupted for long
11 >> periods on a single task.)
12 >>
13 >> Not being able to move windows between screens is an inconvenience,
14 >> but for me it's well worth it to get independently switchable virtual
15 >> workspaces on each screen.
16 >
17 > To "simulate" that, I occasionally set a window to be on all virtual
18 > workspaces.
19
20 Yep, that's what I do when I only have a single monitor.
21
22 > Does that only work when you have the displays seperate like you do?
23
24 Yes, but I find I don't need it with multiple screens -- I just open
25 in a particular screen all things I would otherwise pin-down.
26
27 > As that would be convenient and is something I actually miss.
30 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I'm receiving a coded
31 at message from EUBIE BLAKE!!
32 gmail.com