From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lots of network collisions - can I eliminate them?
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:38:02
1 On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 11:12 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi all. Sorry in advance for the rash of emails today but the topics
3 > seem to be varying and hopefully folks will read only the ones they
4 > think they could help with.
5 >
6 > QUESTIONS:
7 >
8 > 1) What causes a 'collision' on a network interface?
9 > 2) How can I eliminate them? (Including hardware changes if required.)
12 See the following thread from May of last year
13 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/80369
14
15 The bottom line is that your network interface is probably running in
16 Half-Duplex mode and should be switched to Full-Duplex mode.
17
18 If you have more questions after reading it, let me know.
19
20 Regards,
21 Paul
22 --