From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: fully automount usb stick
Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 13:43:20
1 2014-05-01 1:38 GMT-06:00 Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>:
5 > On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 2:18 AM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 >>
7 >> Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir <at> gmail.com> writes:
10 >> > autofs require me to supply UUID of the partition, but I need it fully
11 >> > automatic, without user intervention.I need to implement a generic
12 >> > mounting of usb drive.
13 >>
14 >> http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/AutoFS
15 >>
16 >> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/USB_Storage_Devices
19 >> > Is there a quick way or package that can do that?
20 >>
21 >> sys-fs/udisks
22 >>
23 >> ???
26 >> hth,
27 >> James
30 > I don't understand from your links how to mount a usb drive without any
31 > setup?!
32 > autofs requires uuid.
33 > usbdisk - I don't understand how it will help me automount or auto discover
34 > a usb drive.
35 > Can you explain?
36 >
37 > Thanks,
38 > Kfir
39
40 I think what you want if using xfce is 'xfce-extra/thunar-volman'
41 (http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/thunar-plugins/thunar-volman), it
42 provides handling(not only automount) for removable devices from
43 thunar, and is configurable with clicks.