From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard drive AHCI versus RAID setting in BIOS?
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2021 23:04:32
1 On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 18:04:51 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > Since wiping Windows voids the warranty, I'll run the new machine for
4 > several days under Windows, just in case there are any early problems.
5 > After that, it goes Gentoo.
6
7 I always boot system rescue and dd the entries drive to somewhere safe.
8 That way I restore the original setup in the case of a warranty claim -
9 unless the failure is that bad that I can't boot or access the disk.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 Windows Error #05: Nonexisent error. This cannot really be happening