From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Howzat!
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 02:09:42
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > How's this for sheer persistence and grit?
5 >
6 > $ genlop -c
7 >
8 > Currently merging 321 out of 368
9 >
10 > * www-client/chromium-10.0.648.204
11 >
12 > current merge time: 11 hours, 41 minutes and 9 seconds.
13 > ETA: any time now.
14 >
15 > This is my Atom N270 LAN server box.
19 I got a very old Compaq rig with quad 200Mhz CPUs and 128Mbs of ram. I
20 have always wondered how long it would take to compile OOo on that
21 thing. 12 hours to compile a browser does take patience. I hope you
22 don't have a power failure right at the end. o_O
23
24 How long does it take to open it when it gets done? Seconds? Minutes?
25
26 Dale
27