From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching off some linguas variables
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 21:14:51
1 On Wednesday 11 Feb 2015 19:09:44 Gevisz wrote:
2 > What is the elegant way to switch off all but one linguas variables for a
3 > given package.
4 >
5 > I have tried all "obvious" solutions but they seem to do not work.
6 >
7 > For example, I have tried to put the following line into
8 > /etc/portage/package.use file: www-client/chromium -nls -linguas*
9 > linguas_en linguas_pl
10 >
11 > So far I am afraid to recompile everything with global -nls USE flag and
12 > LINGUAS="en" in /etc/portage/make.conf. So, trying to cut the cat's tail
13 > by parts. :)
14
15 Set your desired LINGUAS in make.conf and when you recompile a package that
16 has this variable, e.g. chromium, only the language you have specified should
17 be built.
20 Regards,
21 Mick