From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gnustep-base/gnustep-base-1.24.0-r1 fails to merge.....
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:10:41
1 On 01/11/2013 05:24 AM, Tamer Higazi wrote:
2 > Hi people!
3 > After updating my entire "world" I have problems emergeing gnustep-base
4 > (revdep-rebuild).
7 > I get the error on the screen and I am not getting smart how to solve
8 > it, and ideas?!:
9 >
10 > checking whether objc really works... no
11 > I don't seem to be able to use your Objective-C compiler to produce
12 > working binaries! Please check your Objective-C compiler installation.
13 > If you are using gcc-3.x make sure that your compiler's libgcc_s and libobjc
14 > can be found by the dynamic linker - usually that requires you to play
15 > with LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf.
16 > Please refer to your compiler installation instructions for more help.
17 > configure: error: The Objective-C compiler does not work or is not
18 > installed properly.
19
20 Didn't know anyone still uses objective-c :) Do you have the objc
21 useflag set? The purpose is to add objective-c support to gcc.