From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reducing repeated checkings
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 11:06:05
1 Al writes:
2
3 > 2010/8/23 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>:
4
5 > > confcache
6 >
7 > configure knows the option `--cache-file=file':
8 > http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_14.html#SEC14
9 >
10 > Does emerge make use of it? Is there a way to tell emerge to use it,
11 > without writing an overlay to each package?
12
13 Emerge did this, when confcache was installed and FEATURES=confcache was
14 set. But I guess this only works well with once cache file per package,
15 not with a global cache that is being used during all emerges.
16 The configure script tests for lots of features, each test has a name. But
17 there is no global naming scheme, so tests for different features can have
18 the same name in different packages. I think this is why it did not work
19 so well.
20
21 Wonko