From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eix
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 22:33:29
1 On Sun, 28 Jun 2015 23:39:35 +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2
3 > > eix <arg>
6 > > use to match the <arg> string against all three:
7 > > (1) gentoo tree /usr/portage
8 > > (2) the /var/lib/layman/ overlays I had installed and manage with
9 > > layman (3) my /usr/local/portage local ebuild placed
10 > > in /usr/local/portage/
13 > > Now, only option (1) shows the embuilds
14 > >
15 > > I can manully part (2) as they are still kept in
16 > > /var/lib/layman/ and see all the overlay (ebuilds)
19 > > Likewise, I can manually part (3) /usr/local/portage
20 > > any a vast collection of ugly ebuilds reside, fat dumb and happy
21 > > to not be published, ATM.
24 > > but no matter what I try eix shows nothing from (2) or (3) like it
25 > > use to with the only requirement to match the string of the <arg>.
26
27 Run eix-remote when you run eix-update
28
29 Do eix -R pattern to search all overlays.
30
31 RTFM for how to make this the default again.
32
33 By running eix-remote, eix is able to search even overlays you do not have
34 installed.
38 Neil Bothwick
39
40 "There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make
41 it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way
42 is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.
43 The first method is far more difficult" -C.A.R. Hoare