From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Question about duplicate lines in file
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 16:54:04
1 Hi folks,
2
3 I have batched a bunch of servers in my hosts file to block, for ads and
4 all that crap. I got them from several different places, some I have
5 found too, and am sure there are dups in there, same server but pasted
6 from several sources. I am not a programer at all and don't even really
7 know what to search for. I would like to remove the duplicate entries
8 and then put them in alphabetical order if I could. I would gladly then
9 make this available if someone wanted to host it. I don't have a place
10 to host it.
11
12 Oh, there is 15,000 entries in my hosts file. O_O
13
14 Could someone tell me how this is done? May even learn something here.
15 If I can do this, I'm sure I will.
16
17 Thanks.
18