From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't Get Systemd to Work
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 12:06:01
1 On Fri, 16 May 2014 07:34:16 -0400, Hunter Jozwiak wrote:
2
3 > Hi all. I am having issues with Systemd as well. I added to the GRUB2
4 > configuration file the needed command line to get Systemd to start, but
5 > for whatever reason, the kernel is adamant that I must use OrenRC.
6
7 You need to tell us what you added and what the kernel complained about.
8 The only information we have is what is in your mail, we are not the NSA,
9 we cannot see what is on your computer.
10
11 > I
12 > recompiled with Genkernel-next a new kernel and initramfs, and that,
13 > for whatever reason, doesn't automount my /boot partition. Is there a
14 > fix to this?
15
16 It is standard practice to not mount the /boot partition. By the time the
17 boot process gets to mounting what is in /etc/fstab, /boot is no longer
18 needed. That's why it is usually set to noauto in fstab.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Guns don't kill people--it's those little pieces of lead.