From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xcdroast users : alert
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 12:42:58
1 160707 Joerg Schilling wrote:
2 > Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> If anyone else uses Xcdroast to write CDs or DVDs,
4 >> I suggest they read Bug 345337 & submit appropriate comments.
5 >> There seems to be no problem on single-user systems,
6 >> but a 6-year-old bug which applies to multi-user systems
7 >> is being used as an excuse to remove Xcdroast from the tree.
8 >> There was a similar issue with Nethack recently too.
9 > This should not be a problem, as long as you use Cdrtools
10 > that are more recent than from April 2013,
11 > when Linux started to support fine grained privileges in the userland.
12 > All you need to do is to is to disable the xcdroast suid wrapper.
13
14 Thanks for the prompt and useful response :
15 I've quoted it in the bug debate, with further comments.
16
17 I'm well aware of the lengthy debate on the Dev list re tree-cleaning,
18 which I intend to add a comment to later today.
19
20 PS James seems not to have read Bug 345337 : I suggest he does (smile).
24 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
25 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
26 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca