From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Bind to 127.0.0.N for any N
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 19:52:52
1 On 1/29/21 6:37 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > My brain knows that. My fingers only partially so.
3
4 I *completely* understand.
5
6 > I now manage to use 'ip addr' instead of ifconfig _most_ of the
7 > time. I still almost always use 'route' instead of of 'ip route'. I
8 > figure in another 20 years, I will have managed a complete transition.
9
10 Interestingly enough, routing is one of the things that pushed me to
11 using iproute2. Specifically things related to policy based routing
12 (PBR) and multi-path routing. It's my understanding that the
13 traditional route command can't handle either of these.
14
15 > And I didn't even know computer museums were hiring.
16
17 Nope.
18
19 It's just personal hobbies.
20
21 > :)
22 >
23 > It can be a bit disorienting when I see an unfamiliar message signed
24 > by Grant.
25
26 Yep.
27
28 More than once I've seen a message from "Grant" and thought "but I
29 didn't write...oh!".
34 Grant. . . .
35 unix || die