From: twang.umn@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error Message about network interfaces
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:36:35
1 On 09:35 Wed 24 Oct , Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > Hello twang.umn@×××××.com,
3 >
4 > > Yes, I did use ifplugd. And it works great. But I still have the error
5 > > message when booting.
6 >
7 > You don't need to "use" ifplugd,just install it. The network boot script
8 > should use ifplugd without you starting or configuring it. Doing so may
9 > cause a conflict.
10 >
11 > However your message about the interface not existing may be caused by a
12 > missing module. Is the module for your wired interface built into a
13 > kernel or as a module? If a module, is it loaded at boot? You may need to
14 > add it to /etc/modules.autoload.
17 > --
18 > Neil Bothwick
19 >
20 > If a book about failures doesn't sell, is it a success?
21
22 I re-compile my kernel, and now it works. I found that even I plug in the cable, it still show the error message. I compiled e1000 into kernel. I don't know why it failed. But now I compile it as modules.
23
24 Thank you for all your helps!
28 Teng Wang
29 --