From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] really old box for a firewall
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 18:55:40
1 On Tuesday 28 April 2009, Yahya Mohammad wrote:
2 > > Help would be appreciated, even if it's along the lines of turning the
3 > > old box into a boat anchor, as it's not fit for purpose.
4 >
5 > I would say it's more efficient to use your old box as a boat anchor :)
6 > and get a cheap low power consuming embedded box like the popular
7 > WRT54GL or NSLU2. Those would be more reliable and you'd probably make
8 > up the cost in energy savings in a few months.
9
10 I'd second that unless the OP wants to learn how to install/configure Gentoo,
11 in which case an old box would be a slow protracted process.
12
13 BTW, is it possible to install Gentoo in a NSLU2? I thought that there was a
14 problem with glibc ...
15 --
16 Regards,
17 Mick