From: "Taiidan@×××.com" <Taiidan@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
Cc: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Intel ucode updates for ME issues?
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 06:53:58
1 On 11/23/2017 12:47 AM, R0b0t1 wrote:
2
3 > I think the information I outlined is a pretty good argument for assuming the ME
4 > can not be disabled.
5 >
6 > Even if true, there's not much to be done about it anyway
7 Yeah it certainly can't be disabled (I argue this point on a regular
8 basis to no avail), as in non functional as it is involved in the
9 pre-BIOS-boot process.
10 A certain low-morals company claims that they "disable" it with
11 me_cleaner (they also infer they made it) but that is impossible.
12
13 To me disabled is no electricity flowing through it/physically
14 disconnected and that couldn't be the case without enough money and
15 resources to the point where one could simply make a POWER laptop with
16 the current lot of POWER9 CPU's (ie: downclock and do some power saving
17 engineering) - so de-facto impossible.