From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konsole, XTerm, UXTerm have all died!!!!!
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 08:37:22
1 On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 20:27:05 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > It is also stated in the emerge output that you need to add
4 > > udev-mount to the sysinit runlevel.
5 >
6 > I saw that too, but did not add udev-mount to any runlevel. I guess
7 > this is a problem only if /usr is on another partition than root, or is
8 > it going to hit me at a later update?
9
10 I don't think that's it. I deliberately tried leaving it out to see what
11 happened and I lost my Konsoles, but this box has a separate /usr mounted
12 by initramfs. The udev-mount script mounts /dev, so the problem would
13 have been caused by a missing device node.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Being defeated is a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it
20 permanent