From: Dan Cowsill <danthehat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I want to configure an email server
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:10:35
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Well, you guys have given me a lot of reading to do! Thanks for all the
5 pointers. I'll probably fill you in with updates on my progress as I
6 will no doubt run into a few snags.
7
8 Thanks again!
12 blackhawk@××××××××.fr wrote:
13 > Hey there, thanks for the tip! I didn't expect to find a complete
14 > HOWTO, as I said, but then again I've never seen a HOWTO that big.
15 >
16 > Question, though. Do I need to do anything very special to use MySQL
17 > instead of PGSQL?
18 >> You just have to do what they say in the Howto for PgSQL for MySQL, it's
19 >> the same thing.
20 >> A sed -e 's|pgsql|mysql|ig' on this Howto might be sufficient :)
21 >
22 > Thanks again,
23 >
24 > ---
25 > danthehat ;)blackhawk@××××××××.fr wrote:
26 >>>> Hello !
27 >>>>
28 >>>> I advise you to take a look at
29 >>>> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Email:_A_Complete_Virtual_System .
30 >>>> I've used this howto to make my email server and all works fine now.
31 >>>> It's composed of Postfix + Spamassassin + SQLGrey + ClamAV coupled with
32 >>>> MySQL database for me or PGSQL as in the howto.
33 >>>>
34 >>>> Regards,
35 >>>>
36 >>>> Xavier Parizet