From: Christoph Gysin <cgysin@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] enlightenment 16 or 17
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 09:04:49
1 Fernando Meira wrote:
2 > Christoph, I can't find the screenshot I saw and made me think about
3 > moving to E, but this one is also good and has the panel (right under
4 > the IM app) I was talking about:
5 > http://www.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/~uriel/images/screen.jpg
6
7 In the browser window you can see the guy describing his dektop in the gentoo
8 forums:
9 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-282082.html
10
11 It seems like you're looking for the gdesklets.
12
13 > My aim for the desktop look is something simple, with gentoo icons at
14 > the bottom for shortcuts to most used apps and that stuff (calendar and
15 > info panel)... [now I think that I may misused the word "panel"..
16 > sorry!] I will need help to make it look like that.. and guide or howto?
17
18 With e17 you'll get engage, an OSX like iconbar. For the calendar and info panel
19 you could use gdesklets and gdeskcal (like on the screenshot).
20
21 > A question before emerging e17: that won't replace e16, right?
22
23 No problem, they won't interfere with each other.
24
25 Christoph
26 --
27 echo mailto: NOSPAM !#$.'<*>'|sed 's. ..'|tr "<*> !#:2" org@fr33z3