From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc update 2.4 > 2.5 FAILED postinst causes everything to segfault
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 18:27:44
1 On Saturday 03 March 2007 23:56:19 Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov wrote:
2 > Before I file this as a bug I'd like to make sure it's not caused by
3 > something wrong with my system. Please help me determine that.
4 > In the past two days I was trying to upgrade my glibc from version 2.4
5 > to 2.5. Each time I tried it the emerge process failed at the very
6 > last point - I think when the actual files were being installed into
7 > my system. Here is the relevant output:
8 >
9 > $ emerge -av glibc
10 > ...
11 [SNIP]
12 > >>> /lib64/libBrokenLocale.so.1 -> libBrokenLocale-2.5.so
13 >
14 > !!! FAILED postinst: 2816
15 >
16 > I couldn't find what that error means.
17 >
18 > What happens after this is pretty nasty. Any program that I run segfaults:
19
20 I don't reallly have a clue if any of those are relevant but have a look
21 yourself.. Otherwise go ahead and file the bug.
22
23 http://tinyurl.com/yoebg6
26 Bo Andresen