From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ebuild for Lost Labyrinth
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:59:14
1 yes well when it is in portage the file will be updated into the portage
2 tree automatically. in the meantime you have to download both the ebuild
3 and the wrapper script, same as for any other new ebuild. Sorry if I
4 didn't make this clear in the email with the new ebuild.
5
6 I don't think its correct for an ebuild to create a script on the fly,
7 ie embedded in the ebuild itself.
10 FYI I have found a "games ebuild howto" which may lead me to change how
11 the ebuild works before committing it to bugzilla and the terrible and
12 swift swords of the devs...
13
14 For example i stored the highscores.dat file (which needs to be writable)
15 in /usr, whereas you shouldn't have programs writing to /usr, so it
16 should go in /var somewhere.
19 On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:47:02 -0700