From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How should I clean up my broken system?
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 09:34:49
1 On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 08:01:50 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > > The OP then doesn't have to deal with 600+ conf-update complaints
4 > >
5 > > Run conf-update and press a then d :)
6 >
7 > But I'm a paranoid snarky old git and that doesn't work for me!
8
9 But d rejects all the changes, leaving your own configs. To be paranoid
10 that you are trying to hack your own computer mean you must have MPD too,
11 and I'm not referring to the Music Player Daemon :)
12
13 > If I get 600 entries in conf-update I feel compelled to examine each
14 > one and decide individually. Just in case....
15
16 You may grow out of that, if you have time after reading all those
17 configs :)
18
19 On a more serious note, conf-update automatically merges trivial changes,
20 so any configs you ran at the default, which is probably the majority,
21 won't be flaged at all.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 Shotgun wedding: A case of wife or death.