From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network access to mysql
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 14:48:08
1 On Wednesday 28 January 2009 16:25:16 AllenJB wrote:
2
3 > Check the bind-address setting in /etc/my.cnf - if this is 127.0.0.1
4 > then no other machines will be able to connect to the mysql server. To
5 > listen on all available interfaces, this setting should be "0.0.0.0" or
6 > unset.
7
8 That was it - thanks.
9
10 I'll raise a document bug to have this added to the MySQL startup guide,
11 which talks gaily of connecting to various hosts, but not how to make that
12 possible.
13
14 > Also check that skip-networking is not enabled.
15
16 It's disabled by default, and I knew I didn't want to enable it.
19 Rgds
20 Peter