From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] browser advice
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:21:38
1 On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, b.n. wrote:
4 > However, before giving up: have you tried to look in
5 > /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/searchplugins/google.src
6 > (that should be the searchplugin of the FF panel)
7 >
8 > and edit it with an English URL?
9 > My file is as such:
10 My file looks as yours. It should, because I never edited global
11 preferences.
12 >
13 > I haven't tested, but I think that if you change http://www.google.com/search
14 > with
15 >
16 > http://www.a-working-google-in-english-url.whatever/search
17 >
18 > you could have your preferred behaviour hardcoded.
19 >
20 > m.
21 >
22 Maybe that would work, but it shouldn't be necessary. And it might not
23 be a good solution in case the box had more human users.
24
25 Please don't bother about this. Changing browser is not a
26 life-shattering experience, and both Opera and Konqueror seem nice
27 enough. As for issues like MathMl fonts and such, I'll have to see how
28 much I miss them.
31 Jorge Almeida
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list