From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: default stage3 (was : [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo still on the right path?)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:05:00
1 On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:33:01 +0900, Steve B wrote:
2
3 > WTF.. I'm getting ready to rebuild my gentoo box. I have always did a
4 > stage 1 install. i was under the impression that if u used a stage 3 u
5 > couldn't muck with your CFLAGS or what not. If I'm forced to use canned
6 > binaries I might as well go with FC or Debian.. I've never listened to
7 > the "Gentoo is dead" comments.. but now who knows.. this is just
8 > crazy.. who came up with this stupid idea? from the sounds of it
9 > certianly not the Gentoo Community!
10
11 If you'd stayed with the original thread instead of hijacking one about
12 MySQL, you'd know that your impression was wrong. You can change
13 everything after a stage 3 install, although you have to be careful when
14 changing CHOST.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Keep your words soft and sweet in case you have to eat them.