From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] DNS primary
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 01:09:17
1 Howdy,
2
3 I'm putting up (2) dns primary servers on my small network using (2) static
4 IPs. Nothing but DNS primary services, so they'll be hardened and minimized.
5 If they get "pounded" (ddos etc). I'll probably put a transparent bridge
6 router to filter out the packets before they get to these machines.
7 It's a skinny pipe via cable mode, so hopefully they don't attact too much
8 attention. (I hope)?
9
10 Any suggestions on other packages and minimal flag setting suggestions
11 would be of interest. I also found this on the wiki [1]
12
13 So net-dns/bind
14 iptables
15 and other suggested packages?
16
17 are welcome , as it's been a few years since I set one of these up.
18
19 James
22 [1] http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/BIND/Tutorial