From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Why are these files restricted?
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 01:10:55
1 $ for f in /etc/at/at.deny /etc/cron.hourly/0anacron
2 /etc/default/useradd ; do
3 ls -l $f ; qfile $f ;
4 done
5 -rw-r----- 1 root at 166 Dec 10 16:57 /etc/at/at.deny
6 sys-process/at (/etc/at/at.deny)
7 -rwxr-x--- 1 root root 392 Nov 4 21:04 /etc/cron.hourly/0anacron
8 sys-process/cronie (/etc/cron.hourly/0anacron)
9 -rw------- 1 root root 96 Aug 14 10:57 /etc/default/useradd
10 sys-apps/shadow (/etc/default/useradd)
11
12 None of these seem sensitive to me, and restricting them like this looks
13 like a case of SBO. On a debian system at.deny has similarly restricted
14 perms; I can't check 0anacron because my debian system has no such
15 package installed; and default/useradd has normal 644 mode.
18 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
19 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
20 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet, fetch the TXT record for the domain.