From: Vizo Allman <vizoster@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ripping my hair out with audio over hdmi
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 18:17:00
1 well I have
2 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_REALTEK=y
3 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_ANALOG=y
4 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_SIGMATEL=y
5 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_VIA=y
6 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_ATIHDMI=y
7 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_NVHDMI=y
8 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_INTELHDMI=y
9 CONFIG_SND_HDA_ELD=y
10 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_CIRRUS=y
11 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_CONEXANT=y
12 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_CA0110=y
13 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_CMEDIA=y
14 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_SI3054=y
15 CONFIG_SND_HDA_GENERIC=y
16
17 I think IntelHDMI is the one thats needed tho
18
19 I also have CONFIG_SND_INTEL8X0=m
20 CONFIG_SND_INTEL8X0M=m
21
22 but couldnt tell you why. but it cant hurt can it?
23
24 Vizo
27 On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com
28 > wrote:
29
30 > On 09/03/2011 17:21, Vizo Allman wrote:
31 >
32 >> ok lets take this from the top. I went thru the same thing and it drove me
33 >> crazy. I guess we should start with your .config I can compare it to mine
34 >> if
35 >> you want. alsowhat kernel are you using?
38 > I will be grateful for any help I can get. For some reason this is driving
39 > me crazy too :)
40 >
41 > Attached is my .config, I'm running the current kernel (2.6.36-r5).
42 >
43 > Im no expert in configuring the kernel, but I think I've got it pretty much
44 > right :P
45 >
46 > Thanks
47 >
48 > Matt
54 "Nor aught availed him now
55 To have build in Heaven high towers Nor did he scape
56 By all his engines
57 But was headlong sent with his industrious crew
58 To build in Hell
59 "Milton, "Paradise Lost"