From: Bertram Scharpf <lists@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT. What software can do for you (was: Keyboard is dead after emerge-update)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 20:07:26
1 On Monday, 21. Mar 2016, 10:52:26 -0400, Alan Grimes wrote:
2 > Anyone who boots directly to X'doze without first going through a safe
3 > console login is a raging mad lunatic who needs his head examined. This
4 > is linux we are talking about. It's crap. It always has been crap, and
5 > it always will be crap. Never ever ever trust it.
6
7 Yes, I am a lunatic and I am proud of it. It is a matter of
8 quality of life whether I have compulsively to keep control
9 over things or whether they run by itself. If not open
10 source meets this requirement, who else could do it? Not
11 just pretending it?
12
13 It is a main aspect of software development that code is
14 written once and runs many times. Therefore it is worth to
15 spend more effort in writing software than on running it.
16 Further, it is the other way round. If we expect ourselves
17 to write just crap, this will have an influence on what we
18 produce. And what people think about open source.
19
20 Bertram
24 Bertram Scharpf
25 Stuttgart, Deutschland/Germany