From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ebuild development scripts
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 17:26:32
1 Hello,
2
3 So for a while I've been collecting up various scripts and packages that
4 help one develop on gentoo. About a year ago I installed a package that
5 I had forgotten about::
6
7 /usr/local/portage/portage.
8
9 It has all sorts of development checking scripts and docs such as::
10
11 decision_making.docbook package_modeling.docbook task_scheduling.docbook
12 and
13 runtests.sh setup.py tabcheck.py
14
15 It's quite extensive, but a year old. I wanted to check if it needs to
16 be updated, but I cannot recall how I installed this package, it's name
17 or if there is a wiki link to it.
20 Here are the top level entries:
21 bin LICENSE misc RELEASE-NOTES TEST-NOTES
22 cnf make.conf.example-repatch.sh NEWS runtests.sh testpath
23 DEVELOPING man pym setup.py
24 doc MANIFEST.in README tabcheck.py
28 Any suggests on this <package> and how to update it (name) are most welcome.
29 Any other similar tools/pacakges I should be investigating on the way to
30 completion of the dev_quizes?
33 Also, besides app-office/lyx, which requires 24 packages, is there an easy,
34 way to just view <whatever>.docbook files, not a raw sources but as
35 the finished doc? It'd be quite handy for viewing kernel.docbook files too.
36 None of the usual document viewers render the formatted view of the docbook
37 files.
40 James