From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to alter ./configure flags from emerge
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 13:22:29
1 Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> writes:
2
3 > Richard Fish schrieb:
4 >> On 11/23/05, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
5 >>> I disagree. Check the output of "emerge -pv dev-db/mysql".
6 >>
7 >> No, look at the ebuilds in portage:
8 >>
9 >> The mysql builds currently available are:
10 > [...]
11 >> mysql-4.1.15.ebuild
12 >> mysql-5.0.15.ebuild
13 >> mysql-5.0.16-r30.ebuild
14 >> mysql-5.0.16.ebuild
15
16 Since syncing yesterday and emerge -u world, I now get
17 mysql-5.0.16-r1 when I emerge mysql. It doesn't have the docs built
18 either regardless of what USE variable are in force.
19
20 I've took the tips about /etc/portage/package.use syntax and
21 arrangement so it now is correct (I think):
22 cat /etc/portage/package.use
23
24 mail-mta/sendmail mbox sasl milter
25 dev-db/mysql mysql mysqli doc ndb-doc
26 dev-backup/bacula mysql mysqli doc
29 But now I've got worse provlems than no documentation. I can't even
30 start this install of mysql.
31
32 /etc/init.d/mysql status
33 * status: stopped
34
35 /etc/init.d/mysql start
36 * working on 0
37 * Starting mysqld0 (/etc/mysql/my.cnf) ...
38 .......... * MySQL NOT started (0)
39
40 Here is where the docs would be quite handy...
41
42 Anyone here who has perused mysql.com will know it is a difficult task
43 to find basic information there.
44
45 You can get error messages in 12 of the worlds languages but can't
46 find out how to get a basic setup running.
47
48 Someone said the docs were a separate package but `esearch' doesn't
49 turn up any in the present portage.
52 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list