From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dvd playback decryption trouble
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 13:55:10
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a problem with dvd playback/decryption. I'm trying to see a
4 (Monty Python) dvd on my Macbook Pro laptop with Gentoo. What happens is:
5
6 -mplayer segfaults
7
8 -xine starts, and libdvdcss seems to find the keys. however it stops
9 before reaching the menus, saying that the DVD is encrypted.
10
11 -ogle and vlc start, reach the menu, try to start the playback, but the
12 video either does not appear or it is badly scrambled. ogle reports a
13 LOT of "WARNING[ogle_mpeg_ps]: Found a scrambled PES packet!" in the output.
14
15 Most funny is that:
16 -the same dvd on my Gentoo desktop plays fine with xine. I checked use
17 flags for xine, libdvdcss, etc. but I can't find anything different
18 between the two xine installs.
19 - other dvds play fine on the laptop
20
21 where could I look to understand what's different between the two systems?
22
23 m.
24 --
25 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list