From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] any one using ubuntu phones?
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 17:50:58
1 On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 07:46:59PM +0200, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2
3 > > Jolla do a phone which is Linux based. No idea if this would suit your
4 > > needs but may be worth a look. It's GUI is good and it uses Wayland.
5 > > Not sure how open it is!
6 >
7 > I second Jolla.
8 > FWIW, I consider buying one myself if and when my current Android¹ finally
9 > kicks the bucket. As far as I already know about its Sailfish OS: you can
10 > install native (processor native, not bytecode native, i.e. C) programs via
11 > RPM package management and it runs pulse audio underneath, as one example of
12 > standard linux software.
13
14 Oh and I forgot: Jolla has its root in MeeGo, as it was founded in part by
15 former team members of Nokia’s MeeGo team. Graphically it builds upon Qt.
16 --
17 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
18 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
19
20 Freedom for the pavements -- death to the dogs!