From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to poweroff the system from user?
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 16:29:01
1 2015-03-26 13:13 GMT-03:00 Hans <linux@××××××××××××××.au>:
2
3 > On 22/03/15 05:26, German wrote:
4 >
5 >> If I run poweroff from root, the system shuts down, however when I run
6 >> poweroff from user -- command not found. How to shut down the system from
7 >> user? Thanks
8 >>
9 >> If nothing works, I use the big red switch at the front of my box to
10 > poweroff.
14 I don't know if this has been already answered:
15
16 edit /etc/sudoers to include a line like the one bellow:
19 your_user_name
20 ALL=NOPASSWD:/sbin/halt,NOPASSWD:/sbin/reboot,NOPASSWD:/sbin/poweroff,
23 Then log off and log in again, and it should work.
24
25 Hope this helps,
26 Francisco