From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --depclean wants to remove required packages
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 18:15:50
1 On Monday 26 February 2007 18:49:52 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > 2) You answered in this thread but seemed to finish asking the
3 > question "Why do you think this matters?" As a user type the answer is
4 > because we don't want to see warnings that we users don't understand.
5
6 Well, regardlessly they are irrelevant..
7
8 > > > The machine has been running fine until this recent Evolution upgrade.
9 > > > Now no version of Evolution in portage will work. they all crash
10 > > > immediately.
11 > >
12 > > Also entirely unrelated.
13 >
14 > OK, that's disappointing. I did post about this problem last week but
15 > got no responses. :-(
16
17 Yes, we can only answer questions to which we know the answer... My only
18 comments on it is that you might try filing a bug on bugs.gentoo.org and that
19 your backtrace is useless (due to stripped binaries)...
20
21 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml
24 Bo Andresen