From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Debian forked, because of systemd brouhaha
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 08:23:03
1 On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 9:54 AM, »Q« <boxcars@×××.net> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 07:43:21 +0300
3 > Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 17:32:08 +0100 Marc Stürmer wrote:
6 >> > Am 29.11.2014 um 11:11 schrieb Pandu Poluan:
7 >> >
8 >> > > What do you think, people? Shouldn't we offer them our eudev
9 >> > > project to assist?
10 >> >
11 >> > Since Eudev has always been opensource under the GPLv2, like udev
12 >> > too, there's no need to /offer/ it.
13 >> >
14 >> > If they choose to use it, they can use it, no offer/questions
15 >> > necessary. Simple.
16 >>
17 >> As far as I understand, Pandu meant "we can recommend them to use",
18 >> but not some offer in commercial or proprietary terms.
19
20 Yup, that's what I meant.
21
22 Sorry for the confusion; I'm not a native English speaker, so I may
23 have used an improper verb there :-)
24
25 > They've added something called "devuan-eudev" to their github workspace
26 > today, <https://github.com/devuan/devuan-eudev>. It would be nice if
27 > there could be one eudev project with the aim of supporting Gentoo,
28 > Devuan, and whatever other distros want to use it. Or if there must be
29 > multiple eudevs, it would be nice if the different teams could
30 > communicate and maybe take some patches from each other. (I'm no dev,
31 > so take my opinions on "what would be nice" for development with a
32 > chunk of salt.)
35 Actually, that's my point by saying "offer": Rather than letting them
36 build eudev from scratch, let's work together on the eudev we have,
37 promote it to something distro-neutral, then let Gentoo and Devuan
38 (and whatever other distros) derive from that 'upstream'
39
40 Uh, I do make myself clear(er) here, don't I?
43 Rgds,
44 --
45 FdS Pandu E Poluan
46 ~ IT Optimizer ~