From: Erik Osterholm <erik.osterholm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] attempt at using new nvidia drivers
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 12:46:09
1 On 8/26/05, maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi everybody,
4 >
5 > When I ran the program from
6 >
7 > http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_nforce_1.0-0306.html
8 >
9 > a ncurses-type window opens and offers two
10 > pre-selected choices: install the audio drivers,
11 > install the network drivers. I require neither but
12 > can't de-select them. Can toggle from one to other but
13 > that's it. Other than [OK] beneath the choices(?) and
14 > the title there's nothing else
15 > to be seen.
16 >
17 > What now?
18 >
19 > -maxim
22 Pressing ENTER while the option you don't want is selected will remove the x
23 and deselect it. However I have to ask--if you need require neither, why are
24 you installing them? Perhaps you are, instead, looking for the nVidia
25 graphics drivers located at
26 http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-7676.html ?
27
28 Erik