From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] scope of user patches via epatch
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 19:10:52
1 Is there any way to make the patches under /etc/portage/patches
2 applicable to more than a single exact version of each package? Right
3 now, every time I emerge -u I have to check if I have patches for a
4 package on the updated list, and if so make a new subdirectory for the
5 new version and copy or link the patches there [1]. This is a chore I
6 could live without. So my question is if there's any wildcard mechanism
7 to match multiple versions.
8
9 [1] Some fail to apply of course but that's ok, still less work to see
10 which ones fail than to try checking separately each patch if it applies
11 or not.
14 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
15 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
16 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet, fetch the TXT record for the domain.