From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Notice: possible past, present and future breakage related to .la files
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 04:17:15
1 Il giorno sab, 02/10/2010 alle 19.14 -0400, Tanstaafl ha scritto:
4 > For those of us who prefer to stay with the stable portage, am I
5 > correct
6 > that once the 2.1.9 portage series goes stable, that we would then
7 > remove the above from /etc/portage/bashrc? What would happen if I
8 > forgot
9 > to do so (ie, how important is it)?
10 >
11 Yes once 2.1.9.x series of Portage goes stable (i.e.: if all goes well,
12 by November) there won't be any need for adding the snipped; you'll
13 still have to run at least once lafilefixer to avoid keeping stuff
14 around on the system unfixed, but then it'll be taken care of
15 transparently.
16
17 The only effect of forgetting it in there is that it'll take a couple of
18 seconds extra at each build since both Portage and lafilefixer iterate
19 over the package content, but no ill results will be caused, it is
20 pretty safe.
23 Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
24 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
25
26 If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
27 it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/